[Theforum] evolt sighting

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Dec 1 19:40:30 CST 2001

Madhu Menon wrote on 11/29/01 5:29 PM

>At 09:07 PM 11/29/2001, Daniel J. Cody typed these words:
>>anyone get the hardcopy of silicon valley? is it in there? 1000 referers
>>since 10pm CST last night.. most of them within the last hour as west
>>coasters rise and shine
>>
>>weeeeeeeeeeeeee!
>
>Now let's see how many *new* subscribers we get as a result. If we can
>convert at least 10%, I'd be happy.

Yes. Tracking that is going to be fun and interesting though.

Ultimately, it would be useful to be able to evaluate visitor-member
conversion ratios as a measure of how well we're doing. The number of
visits to the site is a great first step (which tells us how well we[1]'re
promoting the site) - understanding how well we welcome visitors into
the community has got to be useful as a supplement.

[1] insert deliberately broad definition of 'we' here

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland