[Theforum] Re: Article Approvals

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Dec 1 19:40:32 CST 2001

.jeff wrote on 11/29/01 9:02 PM

>  "3c. Joe is an asshole and deletes the article.
>       We restore it from backup and let someone
>       else edit it. Only thing hurt is a day or
>       so lost editing time."
>
>this step is possible, but is not built into the cms.

Also we don't have

3d. Joe is an asshole and makes changes which may
     or may not be obvious enough to everyone else
     but which cause damage to our and the author's
     reputation. If other changes (html, punctuation
     etc) are made in the mean time, getting back to
     a clean version and then reapplying all the subsequent
     updates is going to be a really fun, interesting job.

(the one who does content management as a day job
for those who had forgotten or didn't know)

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland