[Theforum] quick survey feedback

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Mon Dec 3 12:05:24 CST 2001

aardvark wrote:
> in the country listing, "United States" is somewhat ambiguous...
> isn't Mexico technically the "United States of Mexico" for instance?

Um, right. And what exactly WOULD you call this previous-British colony with
50 states? Only name I know if is the United States of America, which
absolutely could be applied to Mexico. How about the even more vague
'America,' as if two continents were totally embodied by one country?

This country has no name. We gotta call it something. I'm for using
something recognizable and brief, rather than describing it just in case
folks aren't sure which country is meant.

But it's a pretty funny idea, all in all.

joel