[Theforum] PLEASE READ Article editing -- what are the sides??

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Mon Dec 3 19:05:07 CST 2001

> I think I've lost sight of what our structure is now. Anyone want to
> recap?

Theforum = direction.

Admin = administration (in the office admin sense).

"Admin" = priv3. And has a list that handles article/email-related alerts.

I think that the issue is how do we handle provision of priv3. That is,
entry to "admin".

1. Matt's suggestion: anyone who asks gets given priv3 by a priv4. No
restrictions.

2. Dan's suggestion: anyone who asks gets given priv3 by a priv4 if an
existing priv3/4 *trusts* the applicant. i.e., any single priv3 makes the
decision.

3. Isaac's suggestion: anyone who asks gets given priv3 by a priv4 if the
existing priv3 group *trusts* the applicant. i.e., a vote from existing
members decides entry.

#3 is the current system. Madhu, Joel, Garrett and Ben have all been
admitted by this method very recently.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au