d.e.o link bookmarklet (was Re: [Theforum] evoltspotting)

Chris Spruck cspruck at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 5 13:45:39 CST 2001

At 01:12 AM 12/6/01 +0530, Madhu Menon wrote:
>At 12:53 AM 12/6/2001, Chris Spruck typed these words:
>>I'll take a look as soon as I can.
>
>Actually, I was talking about the pop-up tracker we discussed off-list.
>What I meant was that my JS really sucks and I've had to talk to you about
>doing the JS code for my article idea :)

I knew what you meant. I meant I'd look at the bookmarklet. I don't think
we're confused as we thought we were. :)

>Why risk messing code up with contributors *manually* entering their name
>and email into the code:
>
>Instead, just ask for the person's name and email and then generate the
>code using a server-side script that produces, for example, this
>ready-to-go code fragment - no further editing required:

OK, that makes sense to me now - so it'll be a two step thing. Shouldn't be
rocket science, but don't quote me.

>>Chris "that's with a K" Spruck :-)
>
>Typo. Honest. "H" & "K" are too close, and it's 01:04 here ;)
>(and I really hate making spelling mistakes)

No worries. You wouldn't believe some of the pronunciations and spellings
people have tried and insisted was correct over the years. Spruck - rhymes
with duck. How hard is that? No extra letters like n or oo. And k's never
have looked like e's to me, but most people think it just has to be Spruce.

Anyway, gotta get back to the not-quite-as-fun stuff that helps pay the
rent. More later!

Chris