[Theforum] Survey confession

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sat Dec 8 14:07:58 CST 2001

I sheepishly have to admit to not completing the survey yet. While most of
the questions are cool (we thrashed it out here after all), I paused at the
question that said, "Do you have any suggestions for making evolt.org a
better resource?"

That's because I've been posting suggestions and commenting on others
people's suggestions since I joined theforum. So for the record, they
already exist in the archives. To answer this question correctly, I would
have to dig deep into my "Out" folder, copy n' paste, and then arrange them
in a logical manner. This could mean a lot of work ;)

What I want to know is whether it's cool if I leave that question and do
the rest of the survey. What I'm concerned about is that we discuss a lot
of useful stuff but rarely put anything down in a file when we all (or
most) agree on something. For example, we all agree that the other features
of evolt should be made more prominent, and that's something we've agreed
to put down as a requirement for any future design change, but I wish it
were all noted in an HTML file for future reference.

That will give us two things:

1) A repository for all the useful ideas that flow through this forum for
members as well as future members to see. Memory can be a fickle thing, and
it's good to note everything down in an organised manner.

2) An agreed course of action for the future without any potential for
disputes. One month from now, nobody should say, "I thought we were using
Flash for evolt's navigation" or "Huh? When did we agree on that?"

I'm willing to maintain this list if you want me to. Comments are welcome.

Regards,

Madhu
(who just realised how evil a word "highlighted" is)

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net