[Theforum] Clarification .. was Author Info Blocks

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Sun Dec 9 21:17:19 CST 2001

> All right. I'll throw something together. Is there a list somewhere or
> something that shows the evolution of this?

thesite archives probably do (http://lists.evolt.org/thesitearchive/)

My original (lame) attempt: http://anarchitect.net/isaac/evolt/author.gif
A revision: http://anarchitect.net/isaac/evolt/author2.gif

Since then, more info has been added, lots removed, and the style adjusted.

Your best bet would probably involve re-styling what you see on TEO right
now. Remember, though, that we're working within this custom-stylesheet
restriction.

We haven't actually considered merging the top author block, and the footer
bio. While I think the author pic, name, etc should sit up top, a compromise
could be to put them at the footer of the article.

One reason we're losing prominence of the article is that in the default
CSS, it's on that (comparably) bland khaki colour.

Putting it all into a white block would regain emphasis.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au