[Theforum] Why do so many people care?

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Dec 11 02:29:25 CST 2001

At 10:49 AM 12/11/2001, isaac typed these words:
>I'm actually 35% through my redesign proposal. Just was asked to stall by
>Madhu.

I only suggested it (offlist) because:

a) I didn't want your work to be in vain if the survey results were
shockingly contradictory to what you had made.

b) I *really* wanted us to decide on a final set of design requirements
instead of doing it bit by bit.

c) I wanted us to do it like we'd do any major site development project, with:

i) Proper IA - site goals, content classification, navigation labelling,
wireframes, (virtual) card-sorting, the works.
ii) Iterative usability testing, redesigning, retesting, till we got it right.
iii) Future-proofing the design by providing places for planned future
features.

(All that would make a hell of an article too ;)

>I think 6 months is unlikely...

More like 2, IMHO.

Madhu

Madhu Menon