[Theforum] [survey] detail answers to question 9

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 13 15:05:22 CST 2001

I think that it is settled, new category "pr0n".

For anyone sending feedback, here's a few things that I'd like to
know:

- on-live viewing of thelist and filtering by subject (#3)

  - have they tried the archived version of thelist.  Either the
    standard mailman one or the one that Seth whipped up.

- longer articles (#30)

  - any articles in particular?  What sort of articles?

- tip search is hard to use (#48, #219)

  - why?  Suggestions for improvement?

- index or search of thelist (#55, #190, #238, #289)

  - do they know about thelist search?

- make thetips searchable (#72, #109, #110)

  - have they been to thetips page lately?  Have they tried the search?

- browse tips by category (#105)

  - have they tried doing a category search of thetips?

Comments:

- editing tips (#1)

  - admin-type people have this ability right now, along with
    categorizing ability.

- article search more than just the title (#9)

  - we should get the articles moved from LONG to CLOB so that we can
    start searching the bodies.

  - I'll work on getting something similar working.

- tips aren't categorized (#165)

  - partially my fault and partially thetip author's fault for not
    having time or caring enough to add a type for thetip.  Will have
    to find more time to finish this.

Dean