[Theforum] [survey] detail answers to question 9

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Dec 14 04:55:33 CST 2001

On Friday, December 14, 2001, at 03:47  am, Madhu Menon wrote:

> At 09:14 AM 12/14/2001, isaac typed these words:
>> Makes sense to split it up, but 294 between 10 is 30ish each, and I
>> suspect
>> that 25% of them at least are the type of response you mentioned, or
>> duplicates.
>>
>> Shall we just do it between us? Or pick a third person?
>
> 150 each? That's a lot. We need at least two more. Unless you've
> already done most of them.

Count me in for this

>> Or get everyone to present their top 10-20 suggestions and build a
>> priority
>> list to work from?
>
> This could introduce bias. What I consider unimportant may in fact be
> very important. I'd rather let this group decide what the best
> suggestions are.

Would that be the case if *everyone* (in this group) presented their top
10 suggestions?

How about this as a combined way:
1) We group similar ones to eliminate duplicates
2) Everyone who's able to picks their top 10 - this should
     give enough variety of outlook to get round one individual's
     bias

What we'll get out of that is an order of significance. If you map
that against likely ease of implementation, we'll get a prioritisation.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,