[Theforum] Re: Sub-categories

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sun Dec 16 10:31:29 CST 2001

On Sunday, December 16, 2001, at 02:31  pm, rudy wrote:

> unmitigated chutzpah and the desire (insecurity?) to be seen as someone
> operating in the latest and most exciting area
>
> "information architect" indeed -- feh

No worse than 'data architect' or 'system architect'.

Actually, Information Architecture is very analogous because
a building architect has to balance between aesthetics and
practicality based on how the users will interact with what they're
designing, with the flexibility to meet future unknown needs.
(It's no coincidence that most IAs have 'How buildings learn'
on their bookshelves). Sounds pretty much like IA to me.

> and note, it isn't just IA, it's "IA expert" -- feh and ptui

Is claiming expertise A Bad Thing?

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,