[Theforum] IRC Bot - thepfy

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Thu Dec 27 22:43:58 CST 2001

Martin,

I was doing some testing in IRC earlier, and discovered that one cannot tell
thepfy bot to leave.  If I want to have a conversation ONLY with those in
the room at the time, then I want to be assured that ONLY those in the room
at the time know what I say.  If I'm at a bar with some friends I don't want
to think that my boss (if I had one) or the FBI had a tape recorder attached
to my purse and is/can/are listening in to my conversation.

I would appreciate if you would turn back on the ability to have thepfy bot
vanish from the room when requested.  i.e. with the "shut up" or the "die"
command.

Thanks,

Michele