[Theforum] IRC Bot - thepfy

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Fri Dec 28 09:21:11 CST 2001

<Q type="newbie"> Is it common to treat public chat rooms as a 'private'
space, a place to have personal conversation you don't want others to
overhear? It sounds counterintuitive to me, but I'm no expert.</Q>

For me, the whole discussion hinges on that point. If the answer is 'yes'
then common usage suggests that we respect each other's privacy and if we're
requested not to log something, we shouldn't. If the answer is 'no' then we
should have our private conversations in a private venue.

joel