[Theforum] IRC Bot - thepfy

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Fri Dec 28 15:24:52 CST 2001

On Friday, December 28, 2001, Elfur Logadottir (elfur at elfur.is) said:

[Just to make my position clear until Martins more detailed doohickey
comes through]

>1. do we want the bots on irc.evolt.org?

+1

Bots are an incredibly useful tool and go hand in hand with IRC.

>2. do we want archives for the irc.evolt.org?

/me shrugs

I log all the stuff I do on #evolt as a matter of course. It's easier
than cutting and pasting out code snippets that people send through, all
I need to do is grep. If that makes people uncomfortable, then sorry.
Don't say anything in IRC you wouldn't want overheard in a pub.

(I *don't* log one-to-one chats before anyone asks)

Do we want an official logging procedure? If someone has the disk space,
go for it.

>3. do we want operators on irc.evolt.org

+1

IRC without benevolent guidance is like rum without Canada Dry.

>4. do we want abusive behaviour on irc.evolt.org?

Yeah.. bring it on!

Whoops, sorry.. that's the rum talking.

-1

G.