[Theforum] IRC Bot - thepfy

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Fri Dec 28 15:39:53 CST 2001

[resending this cos it seems to have vanished into the ether somewhere]

On Friday, December 28, 2001, Madhu Menon (webguru at vsnl.net) said:

>a) Start your own private channel on the server (I *think* this is
>possible. Can an IRC veteran confirm this?)

Yeah, either /msg <user> will direct messages directly to <user> and
<user> can do the same with replys, or /join
<newtopsecretnonexistantchannel> will create a new channel with  that
name with you automatically opped so that you can then set it up which
ever way you like.

Martin, John H, can you guys give me the details of what your respective
bots do so I can put an entry in the IRC primer for them.

G.