[Theforum] IRC Bot - thepfy

javier velasco (mantruc) lists at mantruc.com
Fri Dec 28 15:49:37 CST 2001

> 1. do we want the bots on irc.evolt.org?

yes, as long as they don't record
+1

> 2. do we want archives for the irc.evolt.org?

no, irc should be of an ethereal nature, like phone calls and beervolts
(not that i'd say things i'd later regret)
-1

> 3. do we want operators on irc.evolt.org

i'd rather we didn't need them, if we could just behave like grown ups
but since many feel there's a need for control, i feel grateful to the
people
who already voluteered for it
+1

> 4. do we want abusive behaviour on irc.evolt.org?

oh, who can make such a stupid question? (kidding)
no, of course not!
-1

the problem is this does not resolve anything
if people have tropuble with others they must be solved before we
kill all that we've already gained

one of the suggestions i read from the survey results that caught my
attention
said something like "move the community towards the kind of stability it
needs to survive in the long run" i'd really like to know what this means
in
practical terms. what can we do to make it self sustained?

it was said several times that people are feeling a big gap from lurkers
to seasoned members, we need more than a handful of people who feel that
evolt is a part of them, we just have to find a way to do this, and we
really
have to solve the problems between current members NOW :(

--
Javier Velasco
Information Architect