settle, children (was My Vote -- was Re: [Theforum] IRC...)

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun Dec 30 01:18:23 CST 2001

Michele wrote:
>Please do find something else to do ....
>
>I'm entitled to my vote, without having to listen to your rhetoric
>because you do not like the position I have taken.

>I'm feeling rather harassed by you .. and I really do wish you would
>cease and desist.

Ok. This needs to stop. All of this. Michele, I'm not picking on you at
all. This is just the message I chose to say my piece.

This is not the old admin.

I was hoping theforum would be able to take the decision making powers of
admin without taking the nastiness and (quasi-)personal attacks.

We were doing good until now. Some people have predicted that theforum
will end up just as nasty and unproductive as the old admin. I didn't
believe them, but I also didn't intend on some of these same people
pushing that fate into reality.

Everyone, back off. And settle down.

There's no need to be discussing this issue with 100 emails filled with
passionate name-calling and whatnot... I mean, this issue affects how many
people? 10? 20? Lke 20 people use #evolt out of 8000 or so members. Wtf?

And, meanwhile, messages about evolt's IA project and my question about
the future of the survey results get lost in the mix. These issues affect
our entire membership.

Let's get some priorities straight.

--
mattwarden