[Theforum] ballot not complete (and perspective)

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sun Dec 30 14:08:46 CST 2001

On Sunday, December 30, 2001, at 07:48  pm, Chris Spruck wrote:

> First let me say I'm a "will do A if forced, but prefer C" person, but
> I have to respectfully disagree with that statement. I think B is quite
> ridiculous and don't think anyone would seriously consider it, which
> seems to force the issue to A. C needs fair treatment or otherwise it's
> a case of "here's one option that only some people want while others
> may feel is not an option at all (A) or a really crappy option that no
> one wants (B), so now go vote" - sort of predisposes it to A, huh?. I
> think C is a perfectly fair option to at least add to the ballot.

See, Chris, I'm a "will do B if forced, prefering A, but unjust,
inconsistent
option C is a crappy option" person.

If you have the right to totally reject B, then I have the same right
to totally reject C, don't I?

> How could an IRC channel be any more open? Anyone has the option to log
> or not log. Why force another layer of logging?

It's the publication of those archives, Chris. And if
it's done consistently, we won't have quoting out
of context or plain lying about what went on.

No disputes - isn't that a good thing?

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,