[Theforum] ballot not complete

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sun Dec 30 14:10:15 CST 2001

On Sunday, December 30, 2001, at 07:32  pm, A. Erickson wrote:

> Martin, I think you've been heard. I think everyone understands your
> point of view.

...which is that it's not just to demand that some evolt public
spaces are archived (eg Admin) and not others.

Injustice is perhaps the most effective way to create distrust -
it smacks of "you have to archive *your* space, but
you can't archive *mine*"

> We need to find a middle ground on this issue.

I don't know if you noticed, but the option I *wanted* was to
have one channel, with bots, publically archived.

The proposals I put forward therefore *were* a
middle ground compromise, which took Michele's
genuine concern about people knowing then they're
being archived into account.

So, I've already moved to the middle ground... care to
join me there?

> By the way, are we doing a majority vote?

The same way we did when we decided to publically
archive Admin, yes.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,