[Theforum] Re: newsletter vs. new article notification (was Re: [Theforum] evolt IA)

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Wed Jan 2 15:04:13 CST 2002

i can see where you're coming from nicole..

i guess the question is how do we keep the intertia(as rudy mentioned :)
while not PO'ing anyone off..

maybe we just mass-sub people on thelist to our new list, and them let
them opt-out(and i only say out instead of in because they're already in),
while *also* having the checkbox to sub to that list default to 'on' as it
does now for thelist when a person registers for evolt.org

its easier going at it that way than trying to manage subscriptinos from
the mailing lists. *and* i'd bet for the most part, when people sign up
for thelist, they're expclictly(erf) signing up for that list whereas when
someone signs up for www.evolt.org they may not know about the other
things we offer and will choose for that opt-in.

just some thoughts, thanks for the feedback :)

.djc.