[Theforum] Re: newsletter vs. new article notification (was Re: [Theforum] evolt IA)

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Wed Jan 2 15:42:50 CST 2002

Umm .. what's the logic in that?  If they are subbed to thelist they are
already getting that email that Dean sends out.  Don't you mean to subscribe
everyone that is NOT on there?

Or, we can do what you suggested in another email and send it to *everyone*
.. and let people opt out if they wish?  The first message being an
announcement of what this list is exactly, and with instructions on how to
opt out and mentioning that the headlines will no longer go to thelist
directly, in an attempt to assist members who filter their email (or
something like that??).

Now another question .. if you manually (ok magically) sub everyone .. can
the announcement message also get their password for them?  Less annoying
then having to go to the page to unsub, requesting the password via email,
then going back and unsubbing?

Ramblings..

Mich
(email's back .. woohoo)