newsletter vs. new article notification (was Re: [Theforum] evolt IA)

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Jan 2 19:38:58 CST 2002

> > | All of that said, I would prefer if the announcements still went to
> > thelist.

-1

They get lost in there.

> I am in favour of force-subscribing everyone who's currently on thelist to
> theheadlines, though. And those who don't want to can remove themselves.
> Otherwise, inertia will mean that most thelist members would not
> subscribe.

+1

Not a fan of "theheadlines" though. The "the" prefix can get a bit lame
after a while.

It may or may not be too late to change (or consider changing), but we would
do far better service to our branding with names like:

[evolt-list]
[evolt-chat]
[evolt-forum]

But anyway...