[Theforum] Re: Getting in the monthly recap

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Wed Jan 9 08:22:04 CST 2002

At 10:34 PM -0600 1/8/02, Daniel J. Cody wrote:

>again i'd just like to share my opinion that it's kind of bogus that only
>'admin' members can give reports on the community happenings.

Actually, it's just an admin that is compiling the information and
managing the process of getting it out.  If nobody writes to say,
"hey, here's something cool I did", then the admin just listens and
writes.

What's the big deal?

>if i just joined evolt.org, and really wanted to 'build community', the
>only thing from holding me back would be having to go through this 'admin'
>group every time i wanted to contribute.

Yeah, well, it wouldn't hold me back.

Different personalities, I suppose.

I just don't see this as a problem. Any of us admins can add to the
article, we all participate and can whore the recap, asking for
details where they are thin. So what if we're the only ones who have
the power and might to Copy And Paste? That and a dollar will get you
a coffee at starbucks.

>issues my friends, there are issues...

I disagree.

bob