[Theforum] Re: Getting in the monthly recap

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Wed Jan 9 16:03:51 CST 2002

On Wednesday, January 9, 2002, at 04:34  am, Daniel J. Cody wrote:

> again i'd just like to share my opinion that it's kind of bogus that
> only
> 'admin' members can give reports on the community happenings.

I didn't think we'd put a constraint on the Community News that
it's Admin only.

> if i just joined evolt.org, and really wanted to 'build community', the
> only thing from holding me back would be having to go through this
> 'admin'
> group every time i wanted to contribute.

If you'd just joined evolt.org, how likely are you to be wanting
to compile a monthly recap of Community News?

And to be honest, there are a lot more functions which
go through a single person than go through Admin.

I think Admin collectively have done a lot to redistribute
their responsibilities. There are a lot of things which
are being held tightly onto by one person.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,