[Theforum] policy for #evolt

Marlene Bruce marlene at digitizethis.com
Wed Jan 9 18:21:34 CST 2002

Seems there's been some disagreement on/off other evolt lists on how
to run and manage #evolt on IRC. In order to avoid further
contentious feelings over the channel, we need to get a policy in
place.

If I may suggest, lets start by looking at what kinds of policies one
typically encounters. To be honest, I'm not experienced enough with
IRC to offer my own opinions (at this moment, anyway), but I'm trying
to get the ball rolling.

If it's helpful, a quick search on Google yielded these:
http://chat.stratics.com/content/community/policy.shtml
http://ism.ucdavis.edu/policies/irc/policy.html
http://www.mtc.net/html/irc.html
http://www.dockside.org/linux/policy.html

In addition to or in place of the above, please voice your desired
rules and we'll discuss 'em.

Oh, and these "Principles of Community" ain't so bad either:
http://www.ucdavis.edu/principles.html.

Thanks,
Marlene