[Theforum] policy for #evolt

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 17:27:09 CST 2002

On Thursday, January 10, 2002, Martin (martin at members.evolt.org) said:

>In how people behave in an evolt chatroom? I would hope
>we have 100% control. Unless we think giving our hosting
>providers control over our content is A Good Thing.

Sorry, should have explained further, but you should also know me better
than to use the "hosting providers control content nightmare" dig. *;)

I was aiming towards the more technical level.

As a 'for instance', the issue of logging, it wouldn't matter what policy
we came up with regard to logging. We have no control over the policy
openprojects.net have. They could have all their servers set to log
automatically for debug purposes.

They may change the policy of how many admins are allowed per project
channel, which could have an impact on the proposal for a 'group' of
admin/ops.

All I'm saying is, there are things to be aware of. While the rest of
evolt.org is hosted a couple of metres away from dans can of Dr Pepper,
#evolt is hosted on an outside system. So issues might present themselves
in the future that we have no control of.

Capiche?

G. "Just finished watch the Sopranos"