[Theforum] Re: policy for #evolt

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 10 21:05:51 CST 2002

> Well, there's obviously a reason because MOST irc *servers* kick people
> who have been idle for 2+ hours.

How does it classify "idle"? Hasn't had client window focussed for those 2
hours, or hasn't contributed to a conversation?

I'm in #evolt now. I have my client minimised, but I check for action every
5 or so minutes while I work. There is no one talking there, but I'm waiting
for people to chat to. Should I be kicked? Even if I do that for 2-11 hours?

(Not making any claims as to Elfur's actions for 11 hours).

> So, really, I don't see why this is an "issue at hand" at all. It's only
> an issue because openprojects's servers don't automatically do it.

I haven't tried to suggest that it is the issue. My q's and statements have
related to the fact that the kick was especially for the purposes of a
private conversation. What's so difficult about either using /msg or
starting a temporary channel?