[Theforum] Re: Dan's blog

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Jan 19 18:13:05 CST 2002

On Saturday, January 19, 2002, at 11:25  pm, Elfur Logadottir wrote:

> | So, I'd like you and Dan and anyone else to stop talking evolt matters
> | in Dan's blog and give that a rest.
>
> well, i see no reason for them to stop talking evolt matters there, per
> se,

+1 just as we're all welcome to talk about evolt on our personal sites.

> but
> rather to not solicit discussion about evolt features there and not
> here ... but
> by all means let's talk about evolt.org all over the place ...
>
> here however is where we decide what we do with all the discussion.

+1

However, I do wonder why evolt's communication to members is
still fulfilled through a personal blog.

I mean, it was a very good short-term solution, a whole lot better than
not having that communication at all, and I'm very grateful for
the work that goes into that communication (just a small percentage
of the overall work that goes into meo). But it's confusing - where does
evolt's voice stop and Dan's start?

Javier, do you think this belongs within the scope of the IA
work?

(sorry if I'm rehashing what's already been thought through)

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,