[Theforum] Evolt redesign - user choice

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Jan 22 14:45:58 CST 2002

> dunno, talking out my arse here...

don't be so hard on yourself

after further review, i'd prefer a solution that made copy & paste
intervention-free

having somebody (or something) break long lines will forever remain
problematic

secondly, i'd prefer flexibility, which includes, for example, not putting
short code snippets arbitrarily into unsightly textboxes

also, we want not to require authors to choose how code is to be displayed

finally, we'd rather not write any logic to analyze code snippets to decide
how long the lines are, etc.

buncha divergent constraints, eh?

a css solution seems to me to offer the best chance, but i must admit, the
textareas are looking pretty good for the time being...

nice exchange of ideas, guys

rudy