[Theforum] Fwd: Job posting policy

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Jan 25 02:28:40 CST 2002

On Friday, January 25, 2002, at 01:35  am, David McCreath wrote:

>> Because I'd be surprised if there's a valid NFP service which
>> *isn't* provided by a commercial operator which is in competition
>> to some extent:
>> * housing
>> * education
>> * healthcare
>> etc
>

> Oh, absolutely, but I would imagine that there are some constraints
> placed on them as far as what services they can provide, or dollar
> amounts or something.

Possibly by funders, but not as a matter of law. IoW if you don't take
the government's money, it can't tell you not to compete with commercial
enterprises.

> Again, I think it bears some investigation, but I
> bet we can get our bases covered with some sort of "membership" clause.

Hey, that's good thinking. And I think our restriction of meo accounts
to non-commercial uses will also be useful.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,