[Theforum] FrontPage Form Question

Vicki Brightbill vsbrightbill at qwest.net
Sat Jan 26 19:14:08 CST 2002

Free Sample Sounding Line StationeryThis is my first post. I've been reading
the list for about a month or so, found it very interesting, and learned a
lot. I haven't noticed any FrontPage questions but hope someone here can
help me.

I've created a form in FrontPage. The first time I published it, my form
worked perfectly. I've had to do a few edits - just to the questions, no
form elements, and subsequent attempts to publish have seemingly broken the
page. It is a very long form, so I really don't want to have to recreate it
from scratch (yet again).

Front Page extensions are installed on the Web server.

Now every time I try to publish (via Front Page), I get an error message
saying that the folder "/" is executable and that I am not allowed to put
files into an executable directory.

The results are not emailed, and the confirmation page doesn't appear when
the submit button is pressed.

Here is the Original code:

    <FORM METHOD="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--" onSubmit="" NAME="Survey -
January 2002">
      <!--WEBBOT BOT="SaveResults" U-File="../sl_surveyConfirm.htm"
S-Format="HTML/BR" S-Label-Fields="TRUE" B-Reverse-Chronology="FALSE"
S-Email-Format="TEXT/PRE" S-Email-Address="xxx at xxx.com"
B-Email-Label-Fields="TRUE" S-Date-Format="%A %B %d, %Y"
S-Builtin-Fields="REMOTE_USER Date"
U-Confirmation-Url="../sl_surveyConfirm.htm" --><TABLE BORDER="0"
CELLPADDING="0" CELLSPACING="0" STYLE="border-collapse: collapse"
BORDERCOLOR="#111111" WIDTH="601" HEIGHT="373">

Published to web code some new elements are added:

    <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="../_derived/nortbots.htm"
onSubmit="location.href='../_derived/nortbots.htm';return false;"
webbot-onSubmit NAME="Survey - January 2002"
webbot-action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">
      <!--WEBBOT BOT="SaveResults"
U-File="../_private/soundingline_surveymail.txt" S-Format="HTML/BR"
S-Label-Fields="TRUE" B-Reverse-Chronology="FALSE" S-Email-Format="TEXT/PRE"
S-Email-Address="xxx at xxx.com" B-Email-Label-Fields="TRUE" S-Date-Format="%A
%B %d, %Y" S-Builtin-Fields="REMOTE_USER Date"
U-Confirmation-Url="../sl_surveyConfirm.htm" startspan --><strong>[FrontPage
Save Results Component]</strong><!--webbot bot="SaveResults"
i-checksum="6561" endspan -->

Where does the following code come from (it seems to appear once the form is
published)?

derived/nortbots.htm"
onSubmit="location.href='../_derived/nortbots.htm';return false;

Is this just hopeless? My Web host uses a different method of creating forms
(straight HTML) and uses a different method of emailing the results -- which
is okay for a short form, but my form is very long and has tons of option
groups so I wanted to avoid creating a template for the email if at all
possible.

Thanks.

Victoria