[Theforum] Re: voting

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Tue Jan 29 21:27:29 CST 2002

On the subject of voting -- I think a centralized place for official
votes is still going to be important.

We tried it for awhile and though there were bugs and some needs not
met, I thought it was great.

If we can't build it ourselves then I think we should look for some
place that can.

Not all votes need a rigorous process. However, as soon as someone says
"let's make this official" then it needs to go to a place where the
issue is outlined, votes can be logged and results after a time period
posted.

Did the "headlines announcement list" vote need such a process? Maybe. I
can see how down the road, perhaps, if *issues* arose that it might be
nice to refer to an official spot where we all signed off on it.

- amanda