[Theforum] Re: voting

Miriam miriam at members.evolt.org
Wed Jan 30 06:35:55 CST 2002

or on 1/30/02 12:54 AM, isaac at isaac at members.evolt.org wrote:

> I'm happy to try a "registered voting member" thing, but without the
> admission check. We do have careful and responsible members. We're not /.,
> with ranks of dickheads doing nothing but try to destroy threads with trolls
> (well, not many of them), and offensive material, so it's a comparably minor
> risk.
>
>> What do we do for this problem? Something drastic like taking away a
>> person's voting right if he or she hasn't voted (unless he or she
>> explicitly abstained) even once in the last three votes on theforum? Or
>> something else? If theforum is "your chance to guide the community you
>> love", people should be doing some guiding, damn it. ;)

Holy cow.
So do you mean that every time I've sent off "+1/-1" I was voting illegally?
I didn't realize that I had to be voted on to vote on things here. Whoops!
Maybe we'd better have a recount.

Speaking of lazy American voter habits, I also didn't think I was
jeproadizing whatever voting rights I might have by _not_ voting on
something.  I follow the discussions but if I don't have an opinion or
expertise on a given topic, I leave it to those more involved. From
everything I've seen on theforum so far (and thesite, too) it's a loosey
goosey process but it works. Perhaps I was wrong...

Oof.
M.

--
http://www.dynagirl.com/blog.shtml