[Theforum] Re: VotingRegs

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun Feb 3 18:01:42 CST 2002

isaac wrote:
>No, wasn't talking about that. Was talking about:
>
>1. new group 1: theforum
>2. add 30 members of theforum who are interested in voting
>3. assign voting rights for VoteX to group 1.

Ok, sounded to me like you were talking about voting RESULTS. When you
said "either open to certain groups", i took it as referring to the
results mentioned in the preceding parenthetical.

Sorry about that.

>> And I don't really see the benefit of restricting *poll* results to
>> certain groups (restricting vote results can be handled already).
>
>No, I don't think I suggested that anyway (although by the architecture
>of the application, it'll be possible).

Admittedly, I haven't throught it all the way through, but I don't see how
it would be possible to restrict the results to anyone other than the
entire group of voters. In a poll, where the entire group is most likely
everyone, it'd be impossible (assuming I'm right about only being able to
restrict results to pool of voters) to restrict in any manner.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com