[Theforum] Re: VotingRegs

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sun Feb 3 22:27:01 CST 2002

> Maybe Rudy will jump in here if he can pull himself away from the
> Super Bowl (dammit, I'm missing THAT too).

sorry, i've been offline

i got on the patriot express when they beat my raiders, i had a *glorious*
time with them against the <PTUI> hated steelers, and now look -- they took
on the greatest show on turf and handed them their hats

> should we be moving this to thesite?

not until you have the regs, er, reqs down

who votes?  on what issues?

i agree, you don't "wait until" UEUE, but then again, you don't turn your
back on the concepts either

> I'll leave it up to Rudy. I'll wait until you guys have finished all the
> database gear before I start planning the templates required.

that's good thinking, isaac

but i'm sorry, i haven't been paying much attention to the table design,
because you guys were doing so good...

however, i am concerned with matt's comment

  "currently each vote is related to a userid. personally,
   i'd like to keep it to logged-in users anyways, as that
   would help enforce a one-vote-per-user restriction."

well, shoot, what do we do about multiple userids per member?

right now about all we can do is trust people to vote only once

and who gets to vote?  joe mzflptx, who just subscribed to theforum
yesterday?

fix these types of issues first, and then send it to thesite for table
design

rudy