[Theforum] voting thing, and general catch up

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue Feb 5 22:54:20 CST 2002

> Is there a synopsis of the last 10 days' discussion, or shall I start
> catching up on 150 messages on theforum? I'd like to participate, but I
> don't wanna sound ignerrunt. More than usual.

We've been talking about the voting app.

Couple of issues:

 - anonymity is not guaranteed -- someone with access to the db can find who
has voted on what, so we have to trust that they don't.

 - the app will double as a public polling app (minimal extra effort).

 - users can change their vote while it is in progress.

Stuff like that. Most of the discussion has hinged on the anonymity issue.