[Theforum] thelist, theforum, etc. MIME format, e-mail format

Shirley Kaiser skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Wed Feb 6 09:01:28 CST 2002

At 08:36 PM 2/5/2002, my Eudora mail program typed:

>This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
>this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
>--

I'm noticing that a few of the e-mail messages I'm getting via thelist,
theforum, thechat have this added. I just moved computers last week and
maybe I just need to adjust a Eudora setting or something.

Does everyone else have this added message?

I'm not worried about it, but just curious.

I don't get this at all with messages with Webdesign-L and most other lists
and my personal e-mail. I do get it with another design list, though
(wise-women.org with Dori Smith, list mom). So that's why I'm also
wondering if it might just be a setting within the discussion list's
disbursement, too, which might be triggering Eudora to add its message.

Eudora's settings (Eudora 5.1, PC version):
There's one spot that mentions MIME, which is for attachments, and the
Encoding default setting is MIME (other options are BinHex and Uuencode).
But I didn't see anything else about the MIME setting.

Just curious about this, if someone understands and can enlighten me.

Thanks!

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com