[Theforum] thelist, theforum, etc. MIME format, e-mail format

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Wed Feb 6 11:13:18 CST 2002

(went to wrong list first time)

Shirley, with the latest release of our mailing list software, I added
some features that automatically strip out HTML, RTF, or any other
non-plain text formatting in emails. So when you see a message come
through with that header on it, its been re-processed to text/plain and
sent out.

You don't see it on other lists, because, AFAIK, no other list does it..
(yahoogroups might) they usually approve them manually.. :)

hth

.djc.

Shirley Kaiser wrote on Wed, 06 Feb 2002 07:01:28:

At 08:36 PM 2/5/2002, my Eudora mail program typed:

 >This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand
 >this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
 >--

I'm noticing that a few of the e-mail messages I'm getting via thelist,
theforum, thechat have this added. I just moved computers last week and
maybe I just need to adjust a Eudora setting or something.

Does everyone else have this added message?

I'm not worried about it, but just curious.

I don't get this at all with messages with Webdesign-L and most other
lists
and my personal e-mail. I do get it with another design list, though
(wise-women.org with Dori Smith, list mom). So that's why I'm also
wondering if it might just be a setting within the discussion list's
disbursement, too, which might be triggering Eudora to add its message.