[Theforum] Future WEO elements

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Mon Feb 18 18:27:04 CST 2002

On Thursday, February 7, 2002, at 04:36  am, isaac wrote:

>> try it, you'll like it
>> heck, if *i* can cotton on to it, it's *gotta* be easy...
>
> It's not that it's not easy. But I don't like it.
>
> Record whatever you want on there, but I'm not sure how granular and
> opinionated we want it. I thought that we might actually establish the
> required elements as a group before we record them (and thus providing a
> spec from which designers can work).

The point of a wiki rather than plain static HTML on one
person's account (or worse, trading versions by email or
in multiple accounts) is that it's collaboratively editable... so
you *can* build it up before it's set in stone

Example of this being done with some systems somewhat
more complex than what we're doing:
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/FrontPage
(ie the whole of Zope and a number of systems build on it)

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,