fundraising/hosting (was Re: [Theforum] inventory)

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Wed Feb 20 17:37:38 CST 2002

Daniel J. Cody wrote:

> ya, there are a couple of options in the area, and they're all pretty
> reasonable for the resources we use. its not quite as open as it was two
> years ago, when providers were giving away bandwidth to sites for the
> publicity, but there are a couple options if it ever came to that

Cool.

> i do have other ideas, but i'd still like to hear if anyone else is
> intersted in this, and what ideas they may have

Well, I've never sunk a whole lot of time into thinking about
fundraising, but the immediate options that spring to mind are finishing
up tagwear.com and PayPal box/donation link in the *.e.o banner (the
stuff that will appear on every evolt.org site).

I lost track of tagwear a long time ago, so if someone who was involved
can do a quick update we can decide if/how that's the way we want to go.

It would seem that we're also going to have to readdress the legal
status issue to track the funds.

So don't hold out, homey! I'm interested! What are your big ideas?
Premium m.e.o. accounts with domain names or something? Online bake
sale? Grand theft auto? ;)