[Theforum] fyi

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Thu Feb 21 09:38:10 CST 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Luther, Ron wrote:

> Nicely done letter!  [Heck - it worked - so it *must* be good!]   ;-)

thnx :)

[snipage]
> All of which should mean (a) some good sales to 'dump' inventory - but
> also, perhaps, (b) an increased willingness to do the 'good corporate
> citizen thing' and be nice to some schools, community resources ... and
> maybe even evolt, while improving their balance sheet at the same time.

good ideas.. i never realized the value of dicontinued products!

> The 'big campus' Mailing Address:
> Compaq Computer Corporation
> P.O. Box 692000
> Houston, Texas 77269-2000
>
> Street Address:
> 20555 SH 249
> Houston, Texas 77070-2698
>
> [Note for email address below - lets not 'bombard' them with hundreds of
> individual requests or fling my name around too much, okay?  It must
> have been just a lucky guess since every big company *has* to have a
> community relations department!  'member - I got that new house to pay
> for!]
>
> Community.Relations at Compaq.com

ya, the tough thing about hardware is going to be answering the question
of, 'why is this a good deal for the Q?'. with software, its a lot easier,
since people are interacting with it, testing it, and using it. you could
say the same for hardware, but it's alot more behind the scenes..

i'll start workin on something :)

> I wouldn't set my expectations too high - but I do think it would be a
> 'low risk' thing to take a shot at.  [Heck - I'll bet Aardvark could
> even whip up some nice evolt letterhead stationary too!]  ;-)

me and michele whipped some up last summer, it's available for the usin :)

.djc.