[Theforum] # of weo users

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 21 12:52:12 CST 2002

> From: "Michele Foster" <michele at wordpro.on.ca>
[...]
> http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20020218/103366.html
>
> How did you get the number of users from the site?  Direct connection
> to the DB or did you figure a way to get it via the form?  Keeps
> timing out here.

i don't have site access, but i do know where we have a list of all
UIDs...

bring up an article, and click the edit link...

press the 'change author' button...

view the source of the resultant window...

select only the block of code with the option tags... delete the
rest...

put your cursor on the last line and ask your editor what line it is...

divide by 2...

or do what i did, and do a quick s-n-r so each option tag is on its
own line... now you've got a real count...