[Theforum] RE: fundraising/hosting

Joel Canfield Joel at spinhead.com
Wed Feb 27 01:35:40 CST 2002

>i don't think we'll be submitting our calendar to that kind of
>printing house.. we're talking 1000 or so calendars here. like
>someone else mentioned, the kinkos would work fine for us. the
>print company upstairs from me will work fine for us. or a
>place that megan or joel mentioned.
>
>.djc.

Absolutely; this is going to a short run house, not a major printer.

Let me talk to my buddy Dave the magic printer. He knows everything, and
everybody, about printing. Except he's at the hospital right now 'cause his
handicapped daughter has pneumonia and since she's 20 now they won't take
her in the pediatric pulmonary section so they wasted a lot of time moving
her over to the adult pulmonary section where absolutely no one knew what to
do with her because she's really just a really large infant who happens to
be 20 years old and you'd think medical professionals would know better.

Um, sorry about that. Perhaps one of us is bent right now.

But about the calendars - Dave will have lots of suggestions about format,
he'll know pricing, the whole deal. No obligation of course, but I'll run it
past him and get some hard numbers.

Let's say we're talking about 1,000 calendars. Let's say they cost $5us to
print (SWAG). Where does the $5,000us come from? Not that that's a sticking
point, or anything; just curious.

How many pre-orders could we do? I'm guessing we've got 100 sold right on
this list. If pre-orders would cover the bulk of the cost, we're golden.

I like the isaac.jeff general design. I do NOT like the idea of a beevolt.
Gimme back my 'r' (did you know 'pirate' is the only language where the
letter 'r' is an entire word? as in, 'r, matey!')

Now that I'm unconscious I'm going to bed.

joel