[Theforum] Polling stuff (Hey Rudy!)

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Thu Feb 28 19:31:57 CST 2002

Hey kids -- I've been sick, sick, sick. I'm still planning on putting
the polling reqs together but I have some catching up to do on other
areas. I was literally cooped up in bed for about four days. Nasty,
nasty flu.

I was wondering if I can get a thesite member to volunteer to take this
(when it is finished) to that list as I'm not subscribed there. I feel
like it needs someone to sort of introduce it and shuttle it through
that process. Anyone?

Here's the document as it stands including my notes regarding public
polling.
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/VotingReqs

The only issue left seems to be the true public polling that Rudy is
concerned with.

Rudy wrote:-----------------
not to make too fine a point of this, but that's a user poll, not a
public
poll

a public poll is one where you do not need to log in

(recall:  public=0, user=1, member=2, admin=3, godmin=4)

in addition to a public poll, i'd like to see a public "view results
without voting" option

It was my understanding that having an open poll like that would be
troublesome. Anyone want to comment on that?

- amanda