[Theforum] A neat thing for members

Michael Wolfe wolfboy69 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 1 20:10:18 CST 2002

> an extension to this idea that would go beyond the basic
> functionality that
> favorites/bookmarks/hotlists provide is if we used to provide member
> recommended material.  for example, in addition to the articles that
> aardvark has written, maybe show all or some (maybe tied to priv)
> links that
> he's added to his evolt.org reference section.  the flipside is that this
> would only be useful if users actually used this feature and made a good
> portion of their reference links visible to the lower privs.
>
> .jeff

Or, as an alternative, tie reference links to the user account:

A user sees an interesting article. He clicks on the author's name, and is
not only shown the current articles/tips data, but also a list of
recommended links. Useful for the user, and also useful for the author, who
has a handy place to keep all of those important links he's always
forgetting.

Mike (playing devil's advocate)

  --

Mike Wolfe