[Theforum] (was) let's kill it

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Wed Apr 17 22:04:30 CDT 2002

>so, marlene, i'm completely open to suggestions...

As I've been told off-list, the problem is not just a debate on how
to get rules, but additionally how to get people to buy into them.

I'm not an expert on this kind of thing.

That said:

I think buy-in comes from inclusion.

Inclusion comes from a combination of welcomed participation and
knowing one is heard.

Shit. I have so much more I'd like to add to this debate right now. I
was supposed to leave at 6:30 to meet friends up in San Francisco,
and it's 8:00 now, and I have to pack my stuff and walk 8 blocks to
catch the 8:29 train. They're visiting from out-of-town and will be
here 'til Sunday morning. I may spend the next three days in the city
with them, away from my computer.

Shit shit shit.

Um, let me catch the train and I'll try to call you, Adrian. Or is it
too late? I'll call you now and ask.

I'll be in touch, and I'll try to find a way to track any discussion,
and even participate somehow, between now and Sunday.

Or maybe some other people can weigh in? This isn't supposed to be
the Marlene show.

Thanks,
Marlene