[Theforum] What do you want to do ? Faster, evolt, kill kill!

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Thu Apr 18 16:45:54 CDT 2002

[Theforum] What do you want to do ? Faster, evolt, kill kill!
Miriam Frost theforum at lists.evolt.org
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:59:22 -0500

----

> Martin wrote:
> If you look at the timeline, then it goes like this:
> 1) Evolt.org founded - founders operate as an admin group controlling
>     everything
> 2) thesite split off to add non-admins into the development work for weo
>     (and later deo, aeo etc). No decision made to assign decision-making
>     power to that group, but it's doing a good job so no intervention ever
>     made
> 3) theforum split off to add non-admins into the strategy of evolt, and
>     decision-making power also handed over.
> So you see that Admin still has a lot of that original authority, and
> should have signoff over who has access to admin which lists.

That's not how I understood the split, but thanks for the history lesson,
Martin. OK, so admin = final authority on everything around here? What is
the
point of theforum, then? Wasn't that whole voting app thing a forum issue?
Have I been wasting my time?

Going back to work (and the archives) now,

----

I agree with Miriam .. the point Martin raised above:

"3. theforum split off to add non-admins into the strategy of evolt, and
>     decision-making power also handed over."

The decision-making power also handed over.

Then Martin goes on to say

"> So you see that Admin still has a lot of that original authority, and
> should have signoff over who has access to admin which lists."

It does ?  That wasn't how I understood it.  I'm not calling you a liar or
anything else .. I am sincerely saying .. that is NOT how I understood it.
I really wish I had access to the preceding email being replied to here:
http://lists.evolt.org/adminarchive/Week-of-Mon-20011203/000014.html

No. 5.

"use the admin list for administration -- approving articles, answering
> mail, et cetera -- and subscribe the new admins immediately"

This is what I think is called a very HUGH difference in understanding on
what "et cetera" was to entail.  I wasn't what I thought.

It would be ever so helpful if someone had that original message that lead
to the voting on admin on what powers they were handing over to theforum.

<sigh>

Michele