[Theforum] Amazon links

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Apr 19 09:40:45 CDT 2002

On Friday, April 19, 2002, at 03:25  pm, aardvark wrote:

> do we have an associate thingie?  i can't find it now, but i thought
> we had a discussion that there's nothing they can do for us
> monetarily,

They send quarterly cheques. As long as we have an evolt account
to pay it into, we get 5%-15% commission on items we recommend.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/associates/join/operating-agreement.
html

> so we weren't pursuing it...

Last time I remember it coming up (2 years ago? More?), we talked
about a general 'evolt recommends' library page, but as
a) Amazon then required that they were the only vendor an associate
     linked to (doesn't appear to be the case now)
b) We wanted to offer members a choice of vendors
c) We felt at the time that we didn't want to be associated with
    Amazon anyway (because of the patent thing)
we didn't pursue it.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,