[Theforum] Re: Answers

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Apr 19 15:38:13 CDT 2002

On Friday, April 19, 2002, at 09:18  pm, Warden, Matt wrote:

> The nice thing that I think it allows is: each group can dictate how it
> runs. I think it's safe to say that the majority of the monkey run
> people
> would probably want their group run a little differently than, say, the
> monkey do folk. And that's ok, as long as there is a common reporting
> structure to the evolt steering committee.

...plus a few other minimum standards:
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/rethink/ObjectOrientatedEvolt
which are there to ensure that no-one inside nor outside any
group can legitimately cry 'foul' over any given decision.

It pretty much stems from the Design Principles:
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/rethink/DesignPrinciples

But mostly, yes, it's an OO system where each subgroup can be thought
of as a dark grey (if not black) box.

> Maybe I'm not seeing the drawbacks... this must have been dropped for a
> reason, right?

Not so much dropped as neither Dan nor I had a lot of time to
put into it at the time. I'm fairly sure each of us thought they were
waiting on comments back from the other.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,