[Theforum] Reimbursing Dan .. was .. I'm not sure cos it got jumbled in the archive ;)

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Sun Apr 21 15:01:38 CDT 2002

But that is just what I was trying to make clear. djc clearly listed what
items were evolt.org's and what came from his "inventory."
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020218/003176.html
so I *wouldn't* class this as a 'gift.'

What I was recommending was that djc put a value on those items that are
from his "inventory" and that interested members help pay him back for
those items. Of course he can classify any of the items as a 'donation'
to evolt.org, or specify what he thinks the reimbursement value should be.
And since there hasn't been any formal process for hardware procurement,
this is just one item that could use some attention.

At the end of that process, everyone would be assured that -all- the
hardware running then 'belongs' to evolt.org.

I *do* think that clean accounting should be a quick goal. The current
situation doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother others. Yet
getting this part of evolt.org organized better would be a Good Thing(tm).

Is this clearer? Of course anyone is free to disagree.

-Hugh